Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Reflection!!!!

When I started Reading 25, 15 weeks ago, I thought it would be more of an Elementary English class thinking that I would just breeze right through it with no problem. But once I started the class, I instanly knew that my thoughts were somewhat wrong. The class did assist with English, but it helped with my reading in so many different ways. It wasn't as easy and simple as I thought it would be, it was very fast paced, and included tons and tons of reading, writing, as well as thinking. The complete total opposite of what I was expecting.

15 weeks ago, I was more of a browser reader. I never really read things to the full extent, I basically would browse through it, and never really got the full complete understanding of what I was reading. Now I take my time when I read, and when I am unsure of something I try to go over it a couple of times to receive a better understanding. If I come across a word that i'm not to familiar with, I look them up in the dictionary, and that also helps me when I am reading. I most definately feel a change in my reading techniques now then before.

My overall experience in Reading 25 was a very pleasant one. I learned alot of new things, and had the chance to sharpen my skills of things I learned in the past. It was hard work, and we had a quiz like every other day, but I think that better prepared us for reading. Mrs. Burrus was a excellent instructor, and had lots of patience with us throughout the semester, and always put time aside for us outside of class to help us with anything we needed. I loved my time in the classroom, and I will surely take everything that I learned with me in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Your organization was good. Your thoughts are clear. It is good to know that the class was beneficial to you. I hope to see you in the Spring for a higher level course. Have a restful summer and read a good book. :-)

    ReplyDelete