Friday, March 2, 2012

Self Regulated Behaviors!!!!


The behavior I chose was Time management. The reason I chose this behavior, was mainly because that specific topic is one of my biggest factors not only in school, but in life. I am a procrastinator by nature, and I have no problem admitting it. I always wait until the very last minute to get things done, but for the most part I usually get things done without any major issues. I recently had a problem just a few days ago with my time. I had a test in my Art class, and basically waited until the day before to even attempt to study. So I figured I would make time to study like always, but instead I had so many other things I needed to do, cooking, cleaning, tending to my kids, and the dogs etc. Before I knew it I had completely lost track of time, it was 11:58 pm, and I was beyond tired, so I decided to just go straight to sleep. The next morning I tried to study, but it was way to late. Luckily my Professor had pushed back the test until our next class session, boy was I lucky. So from now on, I plan on buying some sort of Planner, and start writing out the things that I need to do, and the time that they need to be done, and try my best to stick to that schedule. Time is really scarce, especially when you have a million and one things to do. Hopefully this new technique will help me manage my time better.

1 comment:

  1. Good, honest reflection. This type of reflection will help you to assess the reality of what you are, make plans to change, and improve, improve, improve. Many of us are challenged in the area of time management. Planning your day, week, and/or month is a good start. If you have a smart phone and you always carry it, consider using the calendar on your phone. You already have a tool and it's always with you. Pick a day each week and set aside 20-30 minutes to type in the events for the upcoming week. That's just one suggestion that may get you off and running.

    ReplyDelete